Thursday, June 19, 2008

Michael Buble in Adelaide!

After spending more than I can and some of my good friend Chiara's money, after sitting on a plane and in airports for over 4 hours and after absolute months of excitement the Michael Buble concert has come and gone! and you know what.. it was all worth it!!
After only sleeping fro 3 hours and attending 2 church services (oh how super spiritual I feel lol) I got on my plane to Sydney and an overnight stay with my mate Tim and his muso buddies (yay for good food and jam sessions!)
Our first day in Adelaide consisted of me and Chiara dragging my friend Simon (poor thing didn't know what had hit him) around the city of Adelaide in what turned out to be a 4km walk where nothing but food and coffee were bought! Over the next 24 hours, thanks to my new found friend Sasha (who is awesome!) more food, giggling and girlyness was enjoyed in amongst a heck of a lot of factory outlet shopping! Admittedly Chiara did most of the purchasing but I did score some $20 Wranglers!
A tub of 2 minute noodles, some playing around with the hair drier and a heck of a lot of make-up later we were dressed, looking fantastic (or so Sasha said) and ready to hit the concert!
Traffic was awful and the lining up for the bathroom with only 5 min til the start of the concert was nerve wracking but we made it inside just in time! The starting band, Naturally 7, were INCREDIBLE! 7 guys from New York who don't use instruments, but instead use their own voices to provide the instruments. They had voices ranging from the highest notes that sounded exactly like and air guitar to the bass that you would expect to hear coming only from the electronic sounds of the clubs! if you get the chance check them out YouTube, Naturally 7 - Wall of Sound. I kid you not those are their voices!
Righto on to the main part of the concert! I'm getting all excited and bubbly just thinking about it! Michael was amazing! He is not just a great musician but an awesome entertainer. He sang with such ease that, had he not woven such intricate and complicated melody changes into his songs you would have thought that he was lip syncing it all. But as I said he changed small things here and there that can't be lip synced cos the timing was just.... *mind blows up*. He is not only a musical genius he is also pretty damn funny! There was the usual starting jokes that had us in stitches and then there was the banter between him and the band that just makes every musician wish that they were part of his band! (well I did anyway!)
His interpretation of the music was just so perfect and when he sang songs like "Sway" and "Save the last dance" you couldn't help but get up and dance along. Then he did songs like "Lost" and "Always on my mind" that brought a lump to the throat and again when he did songs like "Everything"... well that song just makes everyone want to fall in love so that they have someone to play/sing it to!
I mus say this, Adelaide, you are a boring crowd! Chiara and I were the ONLY ones signing and dancing along (we know this cos we were close enough to the back to see). it payed off tho! Towards the end of the concert he said "And don't think that when these lights are off I can't see you, I can see all of you and I can see you guys shaking your thing up the back there!" Chiara and I nearly DIED!!!!!
There is so much more that I can say but I wont. Other than saying to my Townsville friends, we invited Naturally 7 to add Townsville to their tour dates in November and you better be ready cos they are worth seeing. We met them and they are such nice guys!!
Lastly I want to say that I wish I could've added photos but the lack of technical equipment means that you will all just have to wait till I get home and get the stuff on my own computer.
For now though I must sleep for tomorrow brings another day of playing with nieces and nephews which I will be talking about more in future blogs. But for now its "Good night" from me!

God bless!

1 comment:

Leah said...

AAARGH. SO. JEALOUS.
And how freaking good is Hops???

Haha, and on the topic of Michael talking to people in the audience, have you seen the concert he did for PBS somewhere in the US, where he goes out into the crowd so people down the back can get better photos? And when he gets back to the stage, he says "And I'd just like to say thanks to the guy down the back who grabbed my ass like that... yeah, you know who you are big boy!" Bwaaaaahahahahahaha.