Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The wanderer returns...

Well I finally decided to check my blog again and realised that I haven't posted anything since September!! No wonder my family has given up on reading this! I have been SERIOUSLY lacking in inspiration but seeing as how it has been so long I may as well just give an update on my life.

Something that I didn't mention in my previous post was that I am now no longer single. In August Phil and I finally put everyone (and ourselves) out of their misery and dating officially. It has been a wonderful 4 months and a whirlwind of romantic gestures (more details to come) and happy evenings of blissful "domesticity" with most events centred around food, cooking and coffee!

I headed down to Kerang in lecture recess to catch up with my parents and assist my sisters in their devious plan to throw a surprise 50th birthday party for my mother. Phil was in on the plan arranging to also come down for the party claiming that it was the only time that he got off work. This way he also got to meet the entire family in one hit (and didn't run away screaming!!!). The whole (week and weekend) was a hit and I was able to my mother's eyes light up like a 5yr-old who just got a puppy!

The following weeks were a crazy rush of lectures, workshops, assignments, studying and spending far too much time with Phil! However, finally, on October 31st, at 4pm I walked out of my last ever university class having handed in my last ever university assignment! I was a wonderful feeling but exhaustion sunk in before 6pm hit and I celebrated by watching a movie! I also spent the following couple of days watching every Disney Princess movie ever made.

I worked my way to Christmas which I spent with the family in Kerang. 4 days of constant eating and quality family time. My nephew Rudi now finally knows who I am and for at least a couple of days Tiaan would give me at least one hug a day without being coerced! I spent the week following New Year in Kerang doing nothing but reading and drinking far too much plunger coffee!

That brings me to today. I have just finished 2 weeks of working almost everyday and most of them being early morning shifts, with 2 days being 8 hours (I nearly died!) which my bank account is loving me for and which is also going to help pay for a trip to Brisbane happening in 2 weeks, when and where I will finally meet Phil's family and get to spend some time seeing what his life was like before he moved to Townsville. Who knows, we might even get to hit a theme park or two and do a bit of bushwalking. Either way it should be a great couple of weeks!

That brings everyone, including myself, up to date. I have also left sufficient gaps to (hopefully) inspre a few more blogs in the foreseeable future!

1 comment:

Leah said...

your bank account doesn't love you anymore haha :P