Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little things....

Here is just a simple little list of some of the little things that get me through the day, help me to believe in myself and give that little bit of extra motivation to get stuff done!

  • My Lotus and Bamboo shower gel that I only get to use after I have gone to the gym
  • The realisation that I have gone from being daughter to being friend and daughter with my parents
  • My extra large double shot coffee that I only get when I get home from work at 8am
  • Not having brothers, sisters and the "in-laws", but having true brothers in sisters regardless of blood relation
  • Catching my husband on that rare occasion where he looks at me like I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen
  • Watching my husband really enjoy a meal that I made from nothing when I wasn't really in the mood to cook
  • Knowing that I get to see my family at Christmas
  • The look of utter confidence when my nephew asked my to fix his totally destroyed shoelace
  • The knowledge that I have reached a place of equilibrium and friendship with my siblings
  • The little joke my father and I shared just before he walked me down the aisle
  • My weekly pig out at either Fasta Pasta or Cactus Jacks with the guys from church
  • Being able to call my sisters (not that I do that enough) whenever I want and knowing that we could end up having a 2 hour conversation about nothing!
  • My Monday morning sleep in
  • The smell of my husbands shirts as I am hanging them out on the clothes line
  • My eyebrow pencil, eyeliner and mascara
  • My beautiful oven for those days when I am in the mood for baking
  • The scent of my husbands deodorant lingering in the house after he has left work work
  • Memories of sharing jokes and giggling for hours with my mum
I have the feeling I will keep coming back to this one and adding to it.

Remember: Life is full of the blessings of God, sometimes we just need to stop grumbling about the things that we don't have long enough to see them!!

No comments: